If you are in the market for a coffee maker priced under $100 – there’s several models available which produce a great tasting brew. To help you find the perfect coffee maker for your particular needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top coffee makers broken into three categories: drip, espresso and french press.
Important note – it’s recommend that you don’t scrimp when buying your coffee grinder. Achieving a consistent, high quality grind is vital to producing the best tasting coffee every time.
We hope you enjoy our buying guide and it helps you find the best coffee maker under $100.
- Best Drip Coffee Maker under $100 Dollars
- Best Drip Coffee Maker under $50 Dollars
- Best French Press Coffee Maker
- Top Rated Budget Espresso Machines
|Product||Suitable for||Our rating|
|KRUPS EC311||Simple to use Coffee maker||(4.3 / 5)|
|Hamilton Beach||Buyers who want their coffee fast!||(4.3 / 5)|
Best Drip Coffee Maker under $100 Dollars
KRUPS KM730D Breakfast Set Coffee Maker
Perfect for large families or offices with it’s 12 cup serve. A very good cup of coffee for a really low price.
- Drip Brewer
Krups 12 cup auto coffee maker will keep your whole family sufficiently caffeinated at the push of a button. Produced by Krups who have been producing high quality drip brewers for decades – and it shows from the features included in this low priced model.
A few of the features which make this coffee maker a buyers favorite:
- Countdown timer to let you know how old the coffee is. Perfect for large households to avoid wasting coffee and saves time making a fresh brew when it’s unnecessary.
- Functionality which makes it easy for users of any experience level to make a coffee. Great tasting coffee without a lot of bells and whistles.
- 12 cups is a lot of coffee!
Included in the package:
- 12-cup coffee maker with programmable clock to set the daily start time
- Aroma function for more intense extraction
- 2-hour keep warm with count up timer to let you know the time since brewing completed
- Pause and serve feature lets you remove carafe at any time during the brew cycle to serve
- Removable filter holder; coffee spoon included; 1050 watts; 2-year worldwide warranty
Best Drip Coffee Maker under $50 Dollars
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker
Perfect for caffeine addicts who want their coffee in a hurry!
- Drip Brewer
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Digital Coffeemaker’s have been designed to make brewing great coffee fast and simple.
This coffee maker features adjustable brewing with bold, regular and a number of cup options. Included is an adjustable ‘keep warm’ function which ensures that you’ll never drink a cold cup of coffee. The removable water reservoir design has an automatic pause and serve feature so you can grab your first cup of coffee while the rest of the pot brews.
With drip-free pouring, a programmable clock with two hour automatic shutoff, swing-out brew basket with release button and a non-stick warmer plate, this digital coffeemaker has everything you need.
Wake up to your favorite blend or brew with this reliable 12-Cup coffeemaker.
Black & Decker DCM18S Brew ‘n Go Personal Coffeemaker with Travel Mug
Perfect for coffee lovers who don’t want the hassle of disposable filters.
- Drip Brewer
If you don’t get a lot of spare time in the mornings, Black and Decker’s coffee maker is worth considering. They’ve included an 18 ounce travel mug which keeps your coffee warm while you travel to work.
Black and Decker’s permanent filter also means you wont have to worry about the added cost and frustration of disposable filters.
Included in the package:
- Personal coffeemaker brews directly into 15-ounce travel mug
- Stainless-steel mug tapered to fit most vehicle cup holders
- Permanent filter eliminates need for disposable paper filters
- Auto shut-off; dishwasher-safe mug, mug lid, filter, and filter basket
- Measures 9-3/4 by 7 by 6 inches, 1-year warranty
Best French Press Coffee Maker
SterlingPro French Coffee Press
Perfect for pressed coffee fans. We rate the SterlingPro as the top French Press on the market.
- French Press
If you prefer coffee straight off the French press, look no further than the Sterling Pro, one of the best selling french press makers over the past few years.
For under $30 it’s the perfect backup coffee maker to your primary machine.
Top Rated Budget Espresso Machines
Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker
Perfect for buyers wanting a cutting edge coffee maker design, which produces a fast shot every time.
- Press Brewer
The Aeropress coffee maker has taken the market by storm due to it’s low price and ultra-fast serving time (under one minute).
Usually a slower brewing time is required to make the best tasting cup of coffee, but this coffee maker produces not only fast coffee, but great tasting coffee as well. The trick is that it uses a special filter and just the right amount of air pressure to get the coffee finished quicker than its competitors.
Included in the package:
- Using the ideal water temperature and gentle air pressure brewing yields rich flavor with lower acidity and without bitterness.
- Total immersion brewing results in uniform extraction of the ultimate in full coffee flavor.
- Micro filtered for grit free coffee – unlike other press-type coffee makers.
- One minute from start to enjoy. The actual press time takes only 20 seconds.
With over 4,000 reviews and best selling status on Amazon, the Aeropress maker deserves serious consideration when buying a budget coffee maker.
Mr. Coffee ECMP50 Espresso/Cappuccino Maker
Perfect for buyers seeking a machine which can brew two coffees at the same time.
- Espresso and cappuccino maker
Have the ability to make coffeehouse quality espressos and cappuccinos in the comfort of your own home. The Mr. Coffee 15-bar pump espresso maker delivers high-quality drinks at the touch of a button. The thermal block heater makes brewing faster and a removable water reservoir makes it easier to get started.
Choose a single or double shot portafilter for serving size options. When a cappuccino or latte order is up, use the frother to quickly steam milk up to a creamy finish. Removable 40 oz. water reservoir makes filling easy. Includes tamping tool and recipes.
- 15-Bar Pump System uses powerful pressure to extract a dark, rich espresso brew
- Frothing Arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes
- Dual-Shot Brewing to make 2 single shots at once
- Thermal Block Heating System provides barista-speed brewing and even heating
- The Drip Catcher is a removable, washable drip tray to collect coffee drips and keep brew space neat and clean
- Removable 40-Ounce Water Reservoir fills easily to conveniently brew shot after shot”
- One-Touch Brew and Steam Controls and Ready Indicator Lights make brewing fast and easy
- Includes Single Shot Filter, Double Shot Filter
Although the Mr Coffee machine comes with a plastic tamper, I’d recommend buying a $5 stainless steel version which should last you for years. (recommended tamper)
- You no longer have to remove the water container to fill it up. It’s an awkward shape to try to fill from my refrigerator. So I just use my frothing pitcher and pour directly into it. This also chills the pitcher – which is good for the frothing I’ll do soon.
- I LOVE the top tray. I store my espresso cup, tamper (from the old machine – the new one is the only downgrade I’ve noticed), brew basket, and espresso pitchers on it. Did I mention I love the tray? It’s a great design perk.
- It still heats up quickly. A little faster than before for frothing.
- Upgraded the design of the filters. Smaller holes that all converge into one hole on the bottom. Note: Don’t put these or the brew basket in the dishwasher – you’ll tarnish them.
- The bottom of the brew basket is really cool, the single hole from the filter drips onto a silicone (I’m assuming) cone in the basket which appears to guarantee an even drip between two cups of espresso.