We all know Coffee is a drink enjoyed by millions of people around the world like few others. There is a ritual that comes with each cup and the wonderful smell while drinking. Perhaps you drink coffee all the time or only on special occasions, yet don’t quite fully understand the health benefits that coffee provides.
Sit back and enjoy a cup while you read these 9 benefits of drinking coffee.
- Increases physical performance – When caffeine enters your bloodstream, it behaves like a fuel. An easy way to improve physical performance is to drink a cup of coffee roughly an hour before physically demanding exercise.
- Coffee is a potent source of antioxidants – Coffee shows more antioxidant activity than green tea and cocoa, two antioxidant superstars. Numerous studies have cited coffee as a major, and in some cases, the primary dietary source of antioxidants for many people.
- Reduce Your Risk of Getting Diabetes – According to a study in the diabetic journal, those who drink coffee tend to have a lower risk of getting type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. link
- Improves Brain Function – In addition to giving coffee drinkers higher energy levels, caffeine also assists brain function. Coffee improves your reaction time, memory and general cognitive behavior.
- Lowers risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s – According to a study by Scientific American, they found Coffee drinkers are less likely to be affected by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease later in life. link
- Coffee can make you feel happier – Coffee’s famous for its mood lifting effect, although its protection from depression may not be attributed to caffeine. According to research, coffee’s mood-lifting effect can be traced to its antioxidants.
- Coffee Drinkers have longer life spans – People who drink coffee have a longer life span, as they are less susceptible to premature death and the negative effects of heart diseases, cholesterol intake, and blood pressure. link
- Coffee burns fat – Laziness and obesity aren’t traits of coffee drinkers. Many fat burning supplements contain caffeine due to its fat-burning properties that boost your metabolic rate by 3-11%. link
- Reduce chances of getting skin cancer (if you’re a woman) – Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School followed 112,897 men and women over a 20-year period and, apparently, women who drink three or more cups of coffee a day are much less likely to develop skin cancer than those who don’t.